Before I get to the super fun Rave party Cooper and I threw last night, I wanted to show you dinner first because it was, well, delicious!
I made black bean/chicken burgers (an invention or a “concoction” as Cooper would like to call them), that I made up all on my own!
Into the mix went:
- 1 can black beans, mashed
- 1/2 pound- 1 lb of ground chicken
- 1 small can mushrooms, diced
- Couple pinches of salt
First I rinsed and mashed the black beans with a fork. Then I added the other ingredients, stirred them all together, and made them into patties. Next I drizzled some EVOO into a pan and put the burger patties in there until they had a nice brown sear on each side. I then turned down the heat a little on the stovetop so that they could continue to cook through (raw chicken = no good).
I am not going to lie…my burger patties did NOT stick together well at all. I am going to try to add an egg next time and see if that helps things. But I assure you, my burger tasted fantastic over a bed of lettuce! Sometimes looks aren’t everything!
Cooper and I threw a rave last night.
We had lots of fun guests.
And things got kind of out of control.
Even Harry Potter showed up.
Cooper smoked a glow stick cigar.
And I grew a mustache.
Okay…we didn’t REALLY have a rave. My mom actually gave me a glow stick in my Christmas stocking last year and I made Cooper wait to crack it until we had a house where we could play fetch with Ryder. Cooper and I played around with it for a little bit and then ensued “fetch”. The only problem? Genius me forgot dogs have teeth…sharp teeth…that can pierce through the glow stick. After laughing at Ryder’s glowing mouth for about 10 seconds while he ran around the yard, Cooper decided to be a fun-sucker and pointed out “isn’t that stuff poisonous?” Great, Thanks Cooper.
I frantically yelled for him to go get Ryder’s water bowl while I ran around the backyard trying to catch Ryder’s glowing mouth. After
drenching Ryder washing out Ryder’s mouth, I turned to Google to answer all my questions. Thank goodness, Google confirmed that most glow sticks are non-toxic. I guess Glow-stick makers realized the “cool thing to do” during high-school was to stick little glow sticks in your mouth at dances (was that a craze at your high school, or just mine)? What Google didn’t say is that glow stick juice might also make your dog hurl all over your boyfriend at 5 am. Oops, sorry Cooper!
QUESTION: Did kids at your high school buy little glow-sticks to put in their mouths at dances?